1. Elated Mood. People in love have happier moods. They are able to accept difficulties positively. I smile even more.
2. Better Complexion. You glow when you are happy and in love. Your happiness reduces stress. Do not be surprised if your complexion improves.
3. Better Hygiene. I spend extra time on myself, putting on my favorite perfume, slathering on tantalizing lotions or accentuating my makeup. Some days I take two showers, and for some reason it gives me so much energy.
4. Increased Fashionableness. Along with adding steps to your personal routines, you add flare to your wardrobe, especially lingerie.
5. Health Consciousness. When I’m in love, I am motivated to restart or stick to fitness plans. A person who loves you unconditionally motivates you to be more conscious. And if you love someone, you will feel better if you can look better.
6. Improved Self-Esteem. Even though you are already confident, having evidence someone finds you wonderful boosts your confidence more.
7. Decreased Timidity. You open up to newer things. You try things your partner enjoys. If they are outdoorsy, go with them climbing, hiking, or diving. In fact, this is how I started karaoke.
8. Culturally Diverse. Love broadens our aspects. Awareness of cultural debates, exploring new genres of music or literature, or visiting international grocery stores are examples of what partners add to life.
9. Spiritual Growth. You have someone with whom to discuss, share and explore spirituality.
10. Increased Selflessness. We are less selfish. You have another person’s opinions and needs to consider and someone to make decisions with.
11. Social Expansion. Your partner’s friends become yours. I meet new people more easily. Because of our euphoric state, people are naturally drawn to us.
12. Extended Family. Being in love extends your family–not just in terms of kids. Your partner’s immediate family, best friends, and cousins, whoever they are closest with will become your family.
13. Mental And Emotional Support. The best relationship is when your partner is your best friend. They are your sounding board. This mental and emotional support is significant for a person’s overall well-being.
14. Backup. When your car breaks down… Even if you have roadside assistance, your partner is on speed dial. You depend on them for more than just emotional support.
15. Increased Maturity. In a loving relationship, we set aside most childish habits. We are obligated to find peaceful solutions and middle ground in conflicts.
16. Financial Security. In a mature relationship, you pool your resources together. Instead of two rent payments and multiple utility bills, expenses can be downgraded.
17. Someone To Grow Old With. Most of us fall in love with the hope of growing old together. If you are in a loving relationship, congratulations! If not, like me, you get to look forward to finding the person you will share your best and worst experiences.