We grow everyday and it’s not about physical growth but other aspects of our lives. As each day passes, we need to keep improving on ourselves by personal development.
When you focus on improving yourself, you’ll surely see more progress than where you left off yesterday.
Holly Riordan of All Women Stalk lists 7 quotes that will motivate you to become a better woman/man:
1. Hard Work is More Important than Talent: It doesn’t matter if you want to be a writer or an accountant. There are always going to be people out there who are more talented than you are. However, talent doesn’t guarantee success. You can get a better job than someone with more talent than you if you work harder than they do. It’s not all about what you’re born with–it’s about what you do to achieve your dreams.
2. You Need to Be Productive Today: You won’t be successful tomorrow if you refuse to do anything productive today. There’s another quote that says, “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” Live by those mottos and you’ll pave a path to a perfect future.
3. Don’t Become Bitter about Your past: Everyone has been dealt poor hands in life. Maybe your parents neglect you. Maybe your ex cheated on you. No matter what horrible things have happened, you need to let your past act as a learning experience. Your memories should help you become a better person, not reduce you to a bitter person.
4. Never Compare Yourself to Others: Don’t compare yourself to the beauty queen your crush is dating. Don’t compare yourself to your older sister who has never failed a class. The only person you should compare yourself to is your past self. Don’t aim to be better than your competitors. Aim to be better than you were yesterday.
5. You Always Have a Choice in Life: If you’re unhappy with the way your body looks or the amount of #money in your bank account, you have two choices. You can mope around about it while doing nothing to change it, or you can get off your butt and aim to change your situation until you’re happy with life. It’s your decision.
6. Push Yourself to Be the Best You Can Be: If you don’t push yourself to get good grades or to flirt with that cute guy in class, no one else is going to push you. You’re already your own worst critic, so it’s time for you to be your own motivational trainer as well. Even if you don’t think you’re capable of achieving a goal, push yourself to try. You deserve to see what happens if you put in all your effort.
7. It Takes Time to Complete Your Goals: You can’t expect to go for a jog one day and wake up the next day with flat abs. It takes time to get the results you want, whether you’re trying to get fit or trying to land your dream job. Nothing easy happens without a lot of hard work. Don’t try to take shortcuts. The only path to success is the long one.