That the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party have been trading words since the assumption of President Muhammadu Buhari administration is no longer news.
The constant bickering, accusations and counter accusations between both political parties, have been prominent in the media for the last two months.
The APC criticisms has majorly been targeted at the immediate past administration of former president, Goodluck Jonathan, while that of the PDP has been focused on what the party once called, “the ineffective and stagnant administration of Buhari.”
Naij has compiled 5 major allegations the APC has leveled against the Jonathan government.
1. The APC alleged that 160 million barrels of crude worth with $13.96 billion was lost between 2009 and 2012 by the Jonathan administration.
2. The party alleged that N183 billion has been unaccounted for at the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
3. The party alleged that $6 billion was looted by some ministers under Jonathan
4. The party alleged that N3.8 trillion out of the N8.1 trillion earned from crude oil between 2012 – 2015 was not unaccounted for.
5. The party alleged that N2.1 billion from the Excess Crude Account was unaccounted for the Jonathan administration.
Meanwhile, the APC has said that the Buhari government can not take off if it did not recover some of the trillions stolen under Jonathan’s administration.