No doubts, Nollywood has produced lots of queens that have influenced the present generation at home and all across the universe.
Of these Nollywood-produced queens are the internationally famous Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and Genevieve Nnaji. Although both of them had a baby at a very young age, this notwithstanding has not stopped these two queens from achieving their goals in life. Although there have been rumored reports about unfounded rivalry between the two stars, they have been doing their best to make sure they don’t get themselves on the bad side of the press.
Here are a few of some of the things you might not know about the two beautiful thespians and mothers.
1. Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is 37 years of age. She got married at the age of 18 although she had a child before then. She’s presently happily married with 4 children. Genevieve Nnaji is 36, single with a daughter, Chimebuka Nnaji.
2. Genevieve started her acting career in 1987 at age 8 with the soap ‘Ripples’. Omotola got popular as an actress at age 18, with her role in the Nollywood classic ‘Mortal Inheritance’ released in 1995.
3. Omotola made TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People In The World List in 2013. Genevieve Nnaji also got international recognition when she was described as the ‘Juliet Roberts of Africa‘ by Oprah Winfrey in 2003.
4. In December 2014, Genevieve Nnaji was honored with a chieftain title of ‘ EzeAda of Amuzu Nweafor’ in Imo State. Omotola in 2013 got a chieftaincy title in 2013 from her hometown in Ondo state.
5. The two actresses have received national Honors.
Just recently, Omotola and her second daughter, Meraiah Ekeinde, were made brand ambassadors for Knorr season cubes.