Communication is key in every relationship. It cannot be over-emphasised.
It is your duty to know how best to communicate with your partner.
Sometimes, different factors might hinder the smooth flow of communication, but the key, is to try.
Successful relationships exist. It is the fruit of people who have laboured to make it work through communicating.
As partners, you should plan about:
1. Each other’s personal goals. You are first an individual, before someone’s partner. You have a goal to fulfil, and it is not advisable to let it go, because of a relationship. You will end up blaming you partner, and feeling frustrated.
2. Finances: Love without money is conditional, Money without love is hell, then money with love and no planning is frustration. Plan your finances together.
3. Personal development: Successful couples encourage each other to be the best at what they do. They want to see their partner reaching new heights.
4. Temptations: You cannot bear a temptation alone. It might distract you. Share with your partner and let both of you come up with a decisive course of action.
5. Emotional needs: Every human being has emotional needs that have to be met. Talk with your partner, to better understand their emotional needs. Do not assume. Be open minded when they discuss these things with you. Do not judge what you do not understand. Do not laugh. After listening to your partner, put it to work.
6. Sexual preferences and needs: You have to discuss this in a fun atmosphere. The key here, is to be open. Once again, do not judge what you do not understand. Both of you can reach a compromise on how to best meet each other’s sexual needs and satisfy each other’s preferences.
7. The future: Look, you have to know where your relationship is heading, if you are courting. But if you are married, you have to set a family vision for your home.
8. Pray together: Prayer does a lot of good.