About 30 people have been killed in two suicide bombings in northern Cameroon on Thursday, September 3.
According to military and police sources in Cameroon, the first bomb went off shortly before noon in the marketplace of Kerawa, a city on the border with Nigeria, Vanguard reports.
Shortly after, a second one exploded about 200 metres (yards) from a military camp, a police officer who pleaded anonymity said.
The number of those who sustained injuries is yet to be ascertained.
This attack comes barely a day after a suicide bomber, who was attempting to blow up a motor park in Bauchi state, was reportedly arrested.
According to report, at least 15,000 people have been killed and 1.5 million displaced since 2009 when Boko Haram which wants to impose a strict Islamic system in northern Nigeria began launching its attacks.
Cameroon is part of the Multinational Joint Task Force, fighting Boko Haram, which has Nigeria, Chad, Niger and Benin as members.
Cameroon’s far north region bordering Nigeria and Chad has been victim of Boko Haram attacks. In August, Boko Haram fighters reportedly killed at least eight people in a village in Cameroon before the military intervened and drove them back, killing 12 terrorists in the process.
In August, Cameroon had mobilized about 500 navy staff members to Lake Chad to stall Boko Haram threat in the area.
President Buhari has made halting Boko Haram’s six-year-old insurgency a priority in his agenda to save Nigeria.
Colonel Sani Usman, Nigeria’s army spokesman had earlier said the army will be able end Boko Haram soon, in coordination with neighboring countries, Cameroon, Chad, Benin and Niger, which formed the joint military force.