Boko Haram Has Slaughtered Chibok Girls, Says UN Report

Raad Zeid al Hussein, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees official has stated that the over 200 Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by horror Boko Haram sect a year ago may have been slaughtered.

Al Hussein based his comment on the fact that the schoolgirls may have been part of the women who were killed by the terrorists before they escaped from Bama and other towns in Borno State just before the Nigerian army and joint forces from Chad and Niger retaken the lands.

Eyewitnesses said that the women were slaughtered by the terrorists to stop them from getting remarried to what they named “infidels” after their escape.

Bring into line with the report on the murder of scores of women; Al Hussein said last week that Bthe militants killed people who were prisoners, comprising women and girls who were taken as “wives” as they fled from advancing forces.

Official added that different reports which arrived at his department in Geneva showed “that the recent recovery of territories in northeastern Nigeria has brought to light macabre scenes of mass graves and more obvious signs of killings by Boko Haram.”

These reports include the murder of the wives of combatants, women and girls actually held in slavery,” he said without giving further information.

Al Hussein added that the use of children by Boko Haram as “expendable cannon meat” and human bombs could, if confirmed, establish war crimes and crimes against humanity.

He also said there are “persistent and credible reports” of serious violations by the Nigerian security forces and other countries in their fight against insurgency, and called for “complete and fully transparent investigations.”

This latest report by UNHRC may clarify the mystery adjoining the location of the Chibok girls despite the retake of Gwoza, which was said to be the headquarters of the Boko Haram caliphate, as well as the vanishing of the sect’s leader Abubakar Shekau.

Sources in the army over the weekend also said neither the girls nor Shekau had been spotted since the liberation of Gwoza, which was the epicentre of the Boko Haram operations.

The strategic Borno town was recaptured on March 27, Friday, after the successful operation by the Nigerian military.

Boko Haram captive, a 56-year-old woman, has recently claimed that the Chibok girls, are being held in Gwoza town.

The Chibok schoolgirls were abducted almost one year ago on April 14, 2014.

Despite the promises of the government and president their families are still waiting their daughters.

Leave a Reply