The mechanic village located in the Agidingbi axis of Lagos state was gulped by fire last night.
According to Channels TV, a total of 23 vehicles, generators, computers and gas cylinders were reportedly burnt during the inferno.
The General Manager of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said the inferno was curtailed by the quick intervention of men of the state fire service and some volunteers.
LASEMA boss lamented at the non-challant attitude to safety in the mechanic village.
He emphasized on the need for the management of the village to senitize its members on the need to adhere to safety measures and to further prevent a re-occurrence of fire outbreaks.
”It is important they learn from this experience. What happened here could have been prevented” he said.
Recently, a fire incident occurred around Lawanson area in the state. About five persons reportedly lost their lives.