Meet one of the daughters of former vice-president Atiku Abubakar, Rukaiya Atiku. She calls herself a textile freak as she is obsessed with fabrics.
All in all, Atiku Abubakar has 27 children from five different wives. Rukaiya is the daughter of Ladi Yakubu, Atiku’s second wife.
1. A week ago, Rukaiya visited her family in Nigeria, as she spends almost all her time in New York, the United States.
“Being home is always the best feeling, even when it’s just for a day! ❤️”
2. Rukaiya loves her siblings dearly and always goes to the other side of the world to support them during graduation day or any other occasion.
“My little sister @lailaatiku graduated today. All grown and ready for University.”
3. One of Rukaiya’s brothers also went to Geneva to support Laila.
“On 6 inches but still looking way shorter than my younger brother.”
4. She likes fashion like a lot and follows new trends with ease. However, she also admires iconic figures. She recreated the dress of Elizabeth Taylor, one of the greatest screen actresses of Hollywood’s Golden Age.
5. Recently, she also visited a wedding ceremony in Lagos. Isn’t she look adorable in this outfit?
6. Apart from being a textile freak, Rukaiya is also obsessed with shoes. Her Instagram page is full of expensive-looking stilettos. To make her feet look even more attractive, she put on some henna tattoos.
“Really wish I could move with this Henna artist to NYC. I truly miss doing this with the natural henna.”
7. Atiku’s daughter uses inspirational and wise words of different famous people to accompany her photos on Instagram.
“Fix your eyes on perfection and you make almost everything speed towards it” – William Ellery Channing.
8. Being one of the middle children in the family has lots of privileges, and one of them is spending time with your nieces and nephews.
9. Being far away from home makes Rukaiya appreciate every second spent with family.
“I miss my sister so much. Cannot wait to see her.”
10. “My father may not be perfect, but he’s doing what he does best, being my Dad.” Atiku Abubakar should feel touched after such warm words.
“A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again” – Enid Bagnold❤️