Too Bad! Seven Men Gang-Rape Alaba Market Trader

A 24-year-old trader at the Alaba International Market, Lagos, identified as Bisola, is still to come out of the pains of being gang-raped by seven young men in the market because she refused to date one of them who had been asking her out.

Two of the culprits, Abeeb Busari, 22 and Lawal Gbolahan who is 18, have been remanded in prison custody when they were charged before an Apapa Magistrate’s Court by the police while efforts are on to arrest the others who are on the run.

According to reports, the lady who hawk fairly used clothes in the market, was approached by Busari who is a bricklayer at a construction site in the market on May 27, under the pretext that he wanted to buy a jacket from her and after they agreed on the price, he told her to follow him to a room in the plaza to collect her money.

She followed him, not knowing she was walking into a trap set for her by one Tunde who had asked her for a relationship earlier but she had refused.

The said Tunde wanted to punish Bisola for rejecting him, so he planned for his friends to gang-rape her.

When she got to the room, the other men who were in hiding, jumped on her and forcefully raped her.

She was only saved later by an artisan who had seen her and Busari earlier and when she was not seen after a while, he mobilized others and they traced her to the room where they barged in and saw her being sexually defiled.

Busari and Gbolahan were arrested while the rest escaped. In court, the Ikorodu born confessed to the crime, saying it was Tunde, one of the fleeing suspects, who planned the act.

He said:

“I was in the market on the fateful day when I saw Bola hawking fairly-used clothes. I deceived her that I wanted to buy a jacket and asked her to follow me upstairs to collect the money.

As soon as she entered my room, I locked the door. Before then, my friend, Tunde had made arrangement with other five boys to hide inside the ceiling.

They jumped down as soon as she came in. It was Tunde, who tore her panties and threatened her with a dagger. When we were done, I gave her N500 for the jacket, but Tunde collected it from her.”

The duo will be in custody till July 28, 2015, when the case will be mentioned in court.

Leave a Reply